River Ramble Fall Classic
November 11, 2018
The River Ramble Fall Classic is a great race that offers several event options for everyone. You can run a 5k or a 10k along River Road or participate in a 2 mile Fun Walk on the McDade Trail. This year’s event will begin at Smithfield Beach, River Road. Registration is limited to 500 participants. Only those registered by October 7th will be guaranteed a hoodie. Come out and enjoy the Fall Foliage along the Delaware!
Important Race Information
The race is almost here and we are all very excited about it! The weather looks like it is going to be a beautiful day! Just a few notes on the race:
Packet Pick up:
- At Ready Set Run (431 Main Street, Stroudsburg) Friday from 1am to 4pm and Saturday 10am to 2pm.
- ALSO race day starting at 8 am at Smithfield Beach. We urge you to carpool. Parking is limited.
- River Road will be closed at 8:50 am. No one will be allowed through after that time. Please arrive early. NO EXCEPTIONS!
- Race starts promptly at 9 am.
- Cars will not be able to leave until the course is safe for the runners. This will be a minimum of one hour after the start.
- River Road entrance from Fernwood will be closed. Leave enough time to get around. Please enter River Road from Shawnee.
- GPS coordinates from the Delaware Water Gap National Park are: 41.028802,-75.053873
- You will have the option to decide midway which distance you want to go. The course is an out and back run, you either turnaround at the 5k or continue to the 10k. It does not matter which distance you signed up for. Just be alert to the chute you are going into at the finish line.
- There is a 90 minute cutoff for the 10k. Anyone coming through the 5k turnaround after 23 minutes will not be permitted to continue on to the 10k. (14.30/pace) You will have to turn at the 5k turnaround.
2 Mile Fun Walk:
- The Fun Walk will begin promptly after the road race begins. Look for a sign to line up behind at the race start line.
Photos by WHJR
- They will have pictures from last year’s race and will be taking pictures this year. The pictures will be posted on Photoartbywhjr.smugbug under community events.
- Due to liability restrictions only runners/walkers registered are eligible to participate in the River Ramble. If you are not wearing a bib you will be asked to leave the course.
- Be sure to like us on Facebook. Keep up to date on any last minute information. River Ramble Fall Classic Facebook Page
Thank you to our sponsors!
Special thanks to: Angels Café, Chuck Seese, Walter Harrell Photography